The Compost Education Centre aims to create resilient communities, which support the land and all living beings to thrive!
We are looking for skilled leaders and innovators to bring some experience to the table and share their passion for composting, ecological conservation, and food justice.
- Attend board meetings on a monthly basis from 6-7:30pm at the CEC, 1216 North Park St. in Fernwood, or online via Zoom
- Participate in 1-3 committees: Policy, Finance & Fundraising, and Board Development
- Work as part of a dynamic team to maintain the successful long term operation of the CEC
- Commit to a 2 year term, consisting of 5-10 hours of work per month
- Committee members
Helpful Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with non-profits
- Leadership experience
- Prior experience on or working with a Board of Directors
- Financial or accounting experience
- Team and/or project management experience
- A business background or experience in ethical/ green entrepreneurship or circular economies
- HR experience
- Familiarity with social enterprise or revenue generation in non-profit structures
- A love for composting, food & environmental justice, urban agriculture, waste diversion and of course, soil health!
How to Apply
Please submit a PDF to Board Chare, Kalila Belle (email@example.com) containing a concise Letter of Interest, outlining skills, experience or interests you possess that could benefit the Compost Education Centre’s Board of Directors.